Organic New Zealand Greenshell Mussels
DOM ORGANICS Greenshell Mussels are raised in the pristine waters of Marlborough Sound in New Zealand. They are certified organic by Bio-Gro New Zealand Ltd. (BGNZ), an organization approved by IFOAM (International Federation of Organic Agriculture Movements).
New Zealand greenshell mussels, also known as green-lipped mussels, are unique to New Zealand's coastal waters. Described as the most eco-friendly seafood on the planet, greenshell mussels are harvested throughout the year from the pure waters of New Zealand's remote South Island bays. The shells are an attractive green colour, and the meat is either cream (male) or orange (female) in colour; both male and female greenshell mussels have the same delicate flavour.
The DOM ORGANICS Difference
- Most eco-friendly seafood available
- All-natural product
- Raised in a pristine, remote, strictly monitored environment
- No chemicals or preservatives
- No antibiotics, hormones, or genetically modified feed
The DOM ORGANICS Guarantee
We guarantee that all of our products are free of chemicals, preservatives, antibiotics, and hormones. DOM ORGANICS has a 100% satisfaction guarantee.
DOM ORGANICS is a Healthy Choice
- Free of Trans Fat
- Low in Saturated Fat
- Source of Vitamin A
- Excellent Source of Iron
- Source of Energy
- Extra Lean
- No Nitrates or Preservatives
How to Enjoy
DOM ORGANICS New Zealand Greenshell Mussels are convenient and easy to prepare. Highly versatile, they are well suited to many cooking methods, be it sautéed, fried, baked, steamed, broiled, stewed, or grilled. Try New Zealand Greenshell mussels on the shell, grilled and simply seasoned with your favourite spices or serve with a simple chili or miso sauce to create a show-stopping appetizer. For a main course, serve mussels in pasta dishes or soups, in salads or stir fries to create unforgettable, tantalizing meals.
For best results, thaw the mussels before cooking. Mussel meat can be removed from the shell when cooking and returned to the shell when serving for a striking presentation. Take care to not overcook DOM ORGANICS New Zealand Greenshell Mussels; simply heat through for 2-3 minutes over low heat.
Safe Handling Instructions
- DOM ORGANICS New Zealand Greenshell Mussels must not be over-thawed, refrozen, or left sitting in their own juices or water. Once thawed, use mussels immediately.
- Frozen mussels will retain their quality for up to 12 months if stored at or below 0°F (-18°C).
- If thawing DOM ORGANICS New Zealand Greenshell Mussels before cooking, minimum thawing is best.
- Quick thawing can be achieved by running cold water over the mussels for 10 minutes, moving them around to ensure all are properly defrosted.
- Conventional thawing can be achieved by placing mussels or sealed bag in the refrigerator for 5-8 hours. Drain off excess liquid.
- If mussels are not to be heated, minimum thawing produces a tender, succulent result.